Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Australia Bound



I leave for Australia for two months later today.

Yes, I'll be leaving the snow and ice of Minnesota for an Australian summer. My friends are very envious!


Above: My street in St. Paul, after the snowfall of last Friday,
December 3, 2010.



Above: My St. Paul home (and a neighbor's snow-covered car!)
-- Saturday, December 4, 2010.



These past few days have been a whirlwind of activity: cleaning the house, packing for my trip, e-mailing myself materials that I'll need to continue working on various work-related projects, and, of course, spending time with friends!

Above: Last Friday evening, for instance, I had a delightful dinner with a group of dear friends and very wise women! Pictured at left (from left): Brigid, Betty, Colleen, Marguerite, Molly, Jane, Kate and Rita.



On Saturday, December 4, I celebrated my friend Phil's birthday with him, his girlfriend and a number of their friends at Moscow on the Hill Restaurant in St. Paul.


Above: Phil and Brittany – Saturday, December 4, 2010.


Above: Phil and Jacob.


Above: Brittany, Phil and Annslie – Saturday, December 4, 2010.



Along with Molly's dinner and Phil's birthday party, I've had other recent opportunities to gather with friends before my departure for Australia today.

Above: Pictured with my friend Ken, with whom I do meals-on-wheels every Thursday morning! He drives and I deliver! Together we make a great team. His wife Carol will help out while I'm in Australia.



Above: John, Bernie, Noelle, Eileen and Ann.




Right: Michael, Paula and Mary Lynn.






Above: Eileen, Bernie, Kathleen and Joey. Earlier this year, Kathleen and Joey and I enjoyed a Wisconsin adventure!



Left: With my friend John.




Above: Kathleen, Mary Lynn, Joey, Kathleen and Sue Ann – Monday, December 6, 2010.


Above: With Paul and David – Monday, December 6, 2010.


Above: Doug, Bob, John, Brian and Rick
– Wednesday, December 7, 2010.



Above: Christmas with the boys!





Right: Doug, my "Mr. Brilliant," whom I'll miss very much while in Australia.











Images: Michael J. Bayly.

4 comments:

Mareczku said...

Lucky you, Michael. Have a great trip. Looking forward to pictures from Oz. Safe journey.

Kittredge Cherry said...

Have a great trip! I hope that you'll still be blogging from Australia...

Mark said...

Michael, I wish you a safe, trouble-free and hassle-free trip to & from Australia!

Terry Nelson said...

Have a safe trip and a very merry Christmas. Prayers and best wishes!