Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Photo of the Day


. . . I've looked at love from both sides now,
From give and take, and still somehow
It's love's illusions I recall.
I really don't know love at all.

Tears and fears and feeling proud,
To say "I love you" right out loud.
Dreams and schemes and circus crowds,
I've looked at life that way.
But now old friends are acting strange,
They shake their heads,
They say I've changed.
Well, something's lost but something's gained
In living every day.

I've looked at life from both sides now,
From win and lose, and still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall.
I really don't know life at all.


– Joni Mitchell
"Both Sides Now"



See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
Out and About – March 2008
A Day at the Abbey
Chicago
Carlos (Part 4 of The Journal of James Curtis)
The Empty Beach

Image: "Eduard" (2008) by Michael J. Bayly.


2 comments:

brian gerard said...

Well, this is a bit bleak ...

Michael O'Sullivan said...

What a great lyric - I love Joni's artistry and lyrics and voice from that period, also "The Circle Game" and so many others.