Friday, June 01, 2012

Never Say It Is Not God



I taste what you taste. I know the kind of lyrics
Your Soul most likes. I know which sounds will become
Resplendent in your mind and bring such pleasure
Your feet will jump and whirl.

When anything touches or enters your body
Never say it is not God, for He is
Just trying to get close.

I have no use for divine patience – my lips are always
Burning and everywhere. I am running from every corner
Of this world and sky wanting to kiss you.

I am every particle of dust and wheat – you and I
Are ground from His Own Body. I am rioting at your door;
I am spinning in midair like golden falling leaves
Trying to win your glance.

I am sweetly rolling against your walls and your shores.

All night, even though you are asleep. I am singing from
The mouths of animals and birds honoring our
Beloved's promise and need: to let
You know the Truth.
My dear, when anything touches or enters your body
Never say it is not God, for He and I are
Just trying to get close to you.

God and I are rushing
From every corner of existence, needing to say,
"We are yours."

– Hafiz


See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
It Happens All the Time in Heaven
Rumi and Shams: A Love of Another Kind
"More Lovely Than the Dawn": God as Divine Lover
"You and I Are One": Blessed Bernardo de Hoyos' Mystical Same-Sex Marriage to Jesus
Sergius and Bacchus: Martyrs, Saints, Lovers
Honoring (and Learning from) the Passion of Saints Sergius and Bacchus
Boris and George
Polyeuct and Nearchus: "Brothers by Affection"
The Many Manifestations of God's Loving Embrace
Getting It Right
Dew[y]-Kissed
Charis
Cherish
Lover of Us All
Just Now and Then
One Fearless Kiss
The Holy Pleasure of Intimacy
Song of Songs: The Bible's Gay Love Poem
The Gifts of Homosexuality
Something to Think About – October 24, 2011
The Journal of James Curtis: Part 4 – Carlos

Image: Subjects and photographer unknown.


1 comment:

brian gerard said...

Fantastic!