Friday, December 21, 2012

The Wild Reed's Year in Review

.
Part 1: January – March 2012

Of the many Wild Reed postings of this year, the ones I begin listing today are those that, for one reason or another, I’ve most enjoyed putting together and sharing.

If you’ve yet to read these posts then I hope you'll take the time to do so. I also hope that the experiences and insights they convey will resonate with you and encourage and inspire you on your journey.

Peace,

Michael

__________________________



January 2012


Unlike the previous three years, I did not spend January in Australia this year. Thankfully, the 2010/2011 winter here in Minnesota was quite mild. Not that that's the reason why I return to Australia, of course! No, it's to spend time with family and friends. But, as I said, not this year. A major event for me at the end of January was moving to Minneapolis after living in St. Paul for eight years. On a sad note, my friend Marv Davidov passed away on January 14.



A Song and Challenge for 2012

PCV Publishes Archbishop Nienstedt's Marriage Amendment Directives to Priests

The Spy Who Came in from the Cold Cream

What Part of Jesus' Invitation to "Be Not Afraid" Don't the Bishops Get?

Beyond the Hierarchy: The Blossoming of Liberating Catholic Insights on Sexuality (Part 5)

Marv Davidov, 1931–2012

Lisa Cressman's Concise, Reasonable Answers to Marriage Equality Questions

Ben

Seeking Balance



February 2012

For reasons which I discuss in my "Seeking Balance" post, above, I took a break from blogging for about six weeks in January-February. The only thing I published in February was a piece by Bryna Godar, a media studies student at the University of Minnesota, who for a class assignment wrote a profile on me!

Michael Bayly: Changing the Church from Within



March 2012

Amid the welcome signs of spring's (early) return, there was a lot going on for me in March, including an increase of activity around the 'marriage amendment,' my friend Eduard's visit from Chicago, a fun St. Patrick's Day celebration, and the continuation of a spirited Lenten vigil outside the archdiocesan chancery office (and across the street from the Cathedral of St. Paul).


A Catholic Rationale for Opposing the 'Marriage Amendment'

Photo of the Day – March 7, 2012

Out and About – Winter 2012

A Springtime Walk Along Minnehaha Creek

Documenting the "Living Word"



NEXT: Part 2: April – June 2012



See also the previous posts:
The Wild Reed's Year in Review: January - March 2011
The Wild Reed's Year in Review: January - March 2010
The Wild Reed's Year in Review: January – March 2009

Opening image: Björn Burton.


No comments: